A. Sentence Completion
1. Opposition demonstrators have _________ barricades in roads leading to the parliament building.
2. The opposition's newspapers _________ the government each day.
3. Because of disturbing other customers and smoking, he was _________ from a restaurant.
4. The host _________ generous measure of the whisky into a fresh glass to serve his guests.
5. The poor little boy was _________ with a studded belt by his father, and there are scars and wounds all over his body.
6. He _________, delighted at the wonderful memory of having dinner with the beautiful singer.
7. It's important not to let yourself be _________ by fashionable theories.
8. There are a lot of buildings collapsed in this quake. Further tremors could _________ more buildings.
9. She lay at the bottom of the stairs, _________ in pain.
10. A storm moved directly over the island, _________ buildings and flooding streets.
B. Answer Key