A. Sentence Completion
1. Their religious _________ prevented them from taking up arms.
2. As DV is becoming more popular with people, video movie-making can quickly become _________.
3. I told the supervisor it was a lousy idea, but I was _________.
4. Five people are to stand _________ for murder.
5. Political leaders united yesterday to _________ the latest wave of violence.
6. He _________ the Protestant faith and became a Buddhist last year.
7. He was on his way to the airport when his car was held up and he was _________ by four gunmen.
8. Several eyewitnesses _________ that they saw the officers hit Mary in the face.
9. He appeared hardly _________ of conducting a coherent conversation, and the whole meeting was interrupted by different parties.
10. Evidence shows people are more and more satisfied with their life. A survey of retired people has _________ that most are independent and enjoying life.
B. Answer Key