A. Sentence Completion
1. Attempts to _________ people into voting for the governing party did not work.
2. He heaved his _________ leg into an easier position.
3. A strike by British Airways ground staff has led to the _________ of flights between London and Manchester.
4. Critics claim he _________ black musicians for personal gain.
5. He was shown as an intelligent, courageous and _________ family man.
6. Nowadays file editing, internet conversing, and pictures processing can de done by computers. Never before has computing been so _________.
7. They were _________ from their apartment after their mother became addicted to drugs.
8. He avoids any eye contact, quickly _________ his gaze when anyone approaches.
9. Mary's father offered her an amount of money _________ to purchase a house.
10. The conference broke for a _________, but the 10-minute break stretched to two hours.
B. Answer Key