A. Sentence Completion
1. If we'd all work together, I think we would _________ our goal.
2. A flu epidemic is _________ through Taipei, and many people are unable to conduct their normal duties.
3. He was arrested and _________ for questioning.
4. She's been very _________ and upset about this whole situation.
5. The scheme's investors, fearful of bankruptcy, decided to _________ the project.
6. A _________ economy and a recent wave of labor unrest have affected the new party's popularity.
B. falling through
7. Six weeks after _________ your baby is the size of your little fingernail.
8. The hostage _________ in horror.
9. The window had been replaces last week during routine _________.
10. He's a very _________ boy and he wants to play at the highest level.
B. Answer Key