2007年7月21日 星期六

聽力正音第七週投影片

聽力正音 week 7
白樺老師授課
留言網站:http://birch.idv.st/
email: silver_birch_tw@yahoo.com


DVD Rental
[M] Hey, Kathy. I'm thinking about renting a
movie for tonight's party, and I want to
know what kind of movies you like.
[W] Okay. What kind of movies do you
have in mind?
[M] Well, what about action movies?
[W] Ah, I don't really like action movies.
Too much violence.

[M] Okay, do you like comedies?
[W] Now, I do enjoy comedies.
[M] Fine. Well, what do you think of horror
movies or love stories?
[W] Uh . . . I'm not really crazy about horror
movies, but love stories are often fun to
watch. Oh, and I really like foreign films,
too.

[M] Okay. I'll go to the video store and see
what I can find. Thanks.
問人意見
 I want to know……
 What……….do you have in mind?
 What …..do you like?
 What about…..?
 Do you like?
 What do you think of…..?
喜歡
 I (do) like/enjoy/love….
 ……are fun to ……
 I’m crazy about……
不喜歡
 I don’t like/enjoy/love….
 I’m not crazy about….
 I don’t think…..
 I don’t care for…..
 I don’t stand…..

A Healthy Lifestyle
[M] Honey, the basketball game is about to
start. And could you bring some chips
and a bowl of ice cream? And . . . uh . . .
a slice of pizza from the fridge.
[W] Anything else?
[M]Nope, that's all for now. Hey, hon, you
know, they're organizing a company
basketball team, and I'm thinking about joining.
What do you think?


[W] Humph
[M] "Humph" What do you mean "Humph." I was
the star player in high school.
[W] Yeah, twenty-five years ago. Look, I just don't
want you having a heart attack running
up and down the court.
[M]So, what are you suggesting? Should I just
abandon the idea? I'm not that out of shape.


[W] Well . . . you ought to at least have a
physical before you begin. I mean, it
HAS been at least five years since you
played at all.
[M] Well, okay, but . . .
[W] And you need to watch your diet and
cut back on the fatty foods, like
ice cream. And you should try eating
more fresh fruits and vegetables.

[M] Yeah, you're probably right.
[W] And you should take up a little weight training
to strengthen your muscles or perhaps try
cycling to build up your cardiovascular
system. Oh, and you need to go to bed early
instead of watching TV half the night.
[M] Hey, you're starting to sound like my personal
fitness instructor!
[W] No, I just love you, and I want you to be
around for a long, long time.
建議
 You ought to…….
 You oughta…..
 You need to….
 You should…..
要結束談話
 Good running into you.
 Good meeting up with you.
 Nice talking to you.
 It was a pleasure meeting you.
 It’s been a real pleasure.

Tears in Heaven

1. Would you know my name
if I saw you in heaven?
2. Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
3. I must be strong,
and carry on
4. Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven


5. Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven
6. Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven
7. I'll find my way,
through night and day
8. Cause I know I just can't stay
here in heaven

9. Time can bring you down
10. Time can bend your knee
11. Time can break your heart
12. Have you begging please
Begging please

13. Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
14. And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven

15. Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
16. Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
17. I must be strong, and carry on
18. Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

 obligation
 obligate
 be obliged
 much obliged
1.
 [M] Do you think we will ever resolve our difficulties with the computer company?
 [W] I’m beginning to think that we should cancel our service and find another provider.
 [M] Do we have any obligation to continue to pay them if we cancel our service?

 negotiate
 negotiator
 abide = live
He abided in the wilderness for 40 days.
 abide by = obey
Competitors must abide by the judge’s decision.
 nevertheless

2
 [M] Now that the new contract has been negotiated, we will have to abide by it very closely.
 [W] I’m not sure yet that this was a good agreement for us.
 [M] Nevertheless, we gave our assurance we would fulfill the requirements.
3
 [M] We need to attract new customers to the business.
 [W] How can we convince them to buy our products?
 [M] Perhaps our ads could feature some of our satisfied customers.

 compete
 competitor
 product
 produce
 production
 productive
 compare
 comparison
4
 [M] With a new store opening across the street, we must work harder to compete in our market.
 [W] How can we be more productive?
 [M] Once customers compare us to the other stores, they will see that we offer a better deal.

 characteristic
 warranty
 appliance
 apply
He wants a job in which he can apply his foreign languages.
He has applied to join the police.

 application
 applicant
 appliance
 domestic/household appliance







5
 [M] What are the important characteristics of this warranty?
 [W] The product is completely covered for one year.
 [M] It seems that one-year warranties are the type most frequently provided for this kind of appliance.
6
 [M] In order to have full protection, you must have the car serviced by an approved mechanic.
 [W] What are the consequences if I choose not to use an approved mechanic?
 [M] By not following the guidelines, you cause the warranty to expire immediately.

沒有留言: