1. She looked as calm and _________ as she always did.
2. He tried to speak, but she kept _________ him. In the end, he still
had no chance to speak.
3. The polluted waste is often dumped, making the surrounding land _________.
4. There are hundreds of people standing in a line to purchase the
tickets. It would be too _________ to wait in the queue.
5. He often talks in circles, frequently _________ himself and often
ends up saying nothing.
6. The trial could set an important _________ for dealing with large
numbers of similar cases.
7. His solution to the puzzle is fast and _________, which surprises
all the students.
8. With _________ care and love, John won love from his dream girl.
9. I cannot remember how the trains turned round to return to Taipei.
Could you please _________ me?
10. There is not a _________ of doubt in the audience.
B. Answer Key